By Denise Foley
Want To Curb Your Appetite And Stop Sugar Cravings? Then Put These On Your Grocery List.
Thirty billion a year — that’s about how much Americans spend on slim-down products, many of which don’t even work. A better…
Everyone knows a person who is very thin, eats everything they want, and doesn’t work out. First, these people only eat when they are hungry and stop when they are full. Secondly, they are not addicted to food. Many people in our society are addicted to food because they eat when…
I have to really tell myself this today. I have not done well on goals I have set. I am going to try all over again tomorrow. I need to follow people / have them follow me as well ~ who are struggling to lose weight but are determined to do so.
- Green Tea
- Hot Peppers
- Citrus Fruits
notice the lack of animal bi-products/products
Chicken Artichoke Pastsaa Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups uncooked ziti or 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheeseicken Artichoke Pasta Recipe
- Cook ziti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir broccoli in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, tomatoes and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the artichokes, salt and oregano; heat through.
- Combine the flour with broth and wine or additional broth until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley and reserved chicken.
- Drain ziti; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts 2 cups equals 378 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 668 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Chicken Artichoke Pasta in Healthy Cooking
7 Healthy Foods That Will Fill You Up
- Bananas - If you reach out for a banana when you feel hungry instead of an empty calorie snack, you’ll nourish your body and you’ll be ingesting way less fat and sugar than many snacks.
- Eggs - As long as you’re not eating 12 of them in one week, eggs are good for you.
- Almonds - Just one handful of almonds will keep you full for a long time because they are great at suppressing appetite.
- Avocados - It contains good fats (monounsaturated fatty acids) and it contains protein that will fill you up nicely
- Peanut Butter - You can easily find peanut butter that contains only 100% roasted peanuts (you can buy the organic and non-organic kinds). There are no hydrogenated oils, sugar or salt added to the peanut butter. This is a healthy option.
- Oatmeal - Is a great super food because it’s low in sugar, high in fiber and it’s so quick to prepare.
- Apples - Packing an apple for your daily snack will not only add one fruit/vegetable portion to your daily recommended intake and the fiber will fill up your stomach